[X4U] 8-bay USB Enclosure Recommendations?

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Sat Jan 3 08:18:39 PST 2009

At 10:24 AM -0500 1/3/09, Neil wrote:
>I'm looking for a quiet, reliable 8-bay USB enclosure.  I asked for
>recommendations in another thread, but I think it is likely buried
>there and deserves it's own thread.  So, I'm asking here in case
>anybody has any experience in it.  Thanks in

I have to question how quiet any 8-bay enclosure is going to be.
There is a seller on eBay that does firewire, USB, and eSATA
enclosures that I like the looks of.  The main thing I like is that
they appear to use standard PC power supplies, since the power supply
seems to be one of the things most likely to fail in an enclosure.

Please note, I've never done business with them, but they are who I would try.
http://stores.ebay.com/Superldg-Store

Zane