[X4U] Re: Using OS-X Install disks

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Sun Jan 4 13:10:43 PST 2009

On 1/4/09,  Ken Johnson <kenjohnso at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have the disks that originally came with my MacBook-Pro (10.5.X),
> that I tried to use in my Mac-Mini.  Looked like it would work, but at
> the last minute did not.  I'm certain that I've seen a way around this
> problem, but can't find it - any ideas?

As others have noted, disks that ship with a machine are designed specifically
for the machine and won't/shouldn't work with other machines. Additionally,
it's against the terms of use that you agreed to when you bought each machine.
If you want ot upgrade the macmini, buy the retail installation version.