[X4U] How do I back up _from_ an AirDisk?

Neil Laubenthal neil at laubenthal.net
Sun Jan 4 14:35:42 PST 2009

Time Machine will only backup local drives . . . so what I suggested
will still work . . . use Sync or RsyncXor whatever to backup the
AirDisk to the Mac . . . then since it's now a local copy Time Machine
will back it up for you. Sort of a kludge I guess . . . but until/if
we get a little more control over Time Machine it's about the best
you'll be able to do.

The Sync or RSyncX or whatever will just do an incremental backup of
the AirDisk . . .which should then get properly backed up with
versions and all the normal Time Machine stuff.