[X4U] Program that opens but quickly closes

Linda xpressobean at mac.com
Mon Jan 5 06:32:30 PST 2009

On 1/5/09 6:23 AM, James Hurley wrote:

> ScanSnap says contact Adobe and Adobe say it won't help with bundled
> software.
>
> Any thoughts on this opening and quickly closing problem?

Adobe tech support may not be able to help, but you can register your
bundled version and then peruse the User to User forums there, where you
might find answers.

Otherwise, I'd try standard software troubleshooting: confirm that your Mac
meets the System Requirements for whatever version of Acrobat Pro was
bundled with your scanner; repair disk with Disk Utility or Safe Boot;
uninstall and reinstall Acrobat Pro, making sure to respect Adobe's default
location for installation and making sure to not remove the fonts it
installs in the Required Fonts folder; etc.

~Linda