[X4U] Apple sued over defective iMac displays

Ed Gould edgould1948 at comcast.net
Mon Jan 5 20:14:37 PST 2009

Well IIRC you can buy an 4G ram (its expensive in 4G) but the the
last time I looked it was $250 BUT the clincher is APPLE (at least
the models I have heard of) doesn't recognize above 16G (I think) so
there is other other considerations. There *MIGHT* be a coolant issue
as well but the water cooled machines are coming back into style
(which is really funny  as *EVERYBODY* criticized a few manufactures
a while ago for having such a old technology) but I digress. There
are also issues that the mini computer world (PC & MAC) have totally
forgotten and that is called FAST I/O operations. Disk access (speed)
is almost as important as amount (and speed) of memory.

In order to get faster I/O you have to get faster channels (and
increase the number of channels) and improved software (OS is used
here for simplicity naming sake).

Ed