[X4U] Re: Program that opens but quickly closes

James Hurley jhurley0305 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 6 06:32:51 PST 2009

Thanks to all who responded to my problem of Acrobat Pro quitting
shortly after launching.

Turns out the problem is with Adobe. After diligent tech assistance
from ScanSnap I was directed to the Adobe Site with the suggestive
title "Acrobat 8 Professional or Adobe Reader 8 crashes 10 seconds
after you start the application (Mac OS)" Here's the url.

    http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=333592

The main thing appears to be turning off the plug-in.

I can't recommend ScanSnap strongly enough. Excellent product, great
service.

This document scanner is a graceful way to get ride of all that paper
and file it away on you computer with a title that allows you to find
it easily. The OCR reader is amazing. It took a hardcopy (image) of
an Excel printout (with all the grid lines) and, after a bit of work,
turn it into a bona fide ASCII file. The cost is a bit expensive at
$435, but you get a copy of Acrobat Pro in the bundle and that alone
could set you back $400.

Jim