[X4U] What Phone.....

Nick Scalise nickscalise at cox.net
Wed Jan 7 17:45:30 PST 2009

On Jan 7, 2009, at 2:58 PM, Andrew Lynch wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>  Unfortunately, my employer does not support the iPhone, and no
> longer supports palmOS.  I'm in the market for a new phone, and
> these are my options, WinMobile or RIM:
>
> BlackBerry Curve, pearl, 8820, or Bold
> Samsung Blackjack II
> Motorola Q
>
> I assume I'll be using Missing Sync to sync with my macs.
> I currently have a Treo 680 running palmOS.  I'm on AT&T, but I
> could switch to Verizon as my contract is up.  I am also considering
> the iPhone, but then I have to pay for it, and cannot get corporate
> email....

WinMobile is dead, for all intents and purposes.

I think your choice is boiled down to the RIM devices and they are
essentially similar, right? The software that comes  with them to sync
to Mac works pretty well.

One question here, though. I take it you are buying your own phone? If
so, (and if they are not paying some or all of your bill), why would
you want to check work email with it? Make 'em pay for that privilege.
--
Nick Scalise
nickscalise at cox.net