[X4U] Re: Problems with wireless connection

Richard H Stoddard richardstoddard at mac.com
Thu Jan 8 03:12:39 PST 2009

On Wed, 07 Jan 2009 08:18:13 -0600, Robert Salter wrote:

> My parents were experiencing the same issue, however their main
> problem was with the service provided Comcast - Comcast was actually
> "interrupting" the service by sending out an account verification
> "signal." What we did to correct this situation was to establish a
> second "location" using the Network preference. This corrected the
> issue because, as I understand it, Airport will look for additional
> locations is the signal from the primary or selected (default)
> location is interrupted. It won't change locations, just pick up the
> signal from the other, temporarily until the issue is resolved from
> the default location. All takes place in the background. Adding a
> second locations resolved my parents problem, hope the information
> helps with your issue. Sorry for the delayed response.

Thanks for your suggestions. For the moment, however, I think I've
identified the problem - my iPhone. Whenever I have the wifi turned on,
I have these problems. If it's off, everything works normally. I'm not
sure why it is happening, because my wife's phone doesn't interfere
with my laptop's wifi connection, but it does. I've tested numerous
times to ensure it wasn't just a coincidence, and it does seem to be
the cause of my problem. I hope someone here can suggest what to do
about it or that an update from Apple will address it.