[X4U] iMac display and AppleCare

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Thu Jan 8 11:09:08 PST 2009

On 1/8/09,  zapcat <zapcat at speakeasy.net> wrote:

> Although it might be online in a very dense ball of legalese, does
> anyone here know whether applecare covers the iMac display, or just
> the non-display part of the iMac?
>
> Something I read online lately makes it sound like coverage for the
> iMac display is not the same as for the rest of the iMac.

<http://www.apple.com/support/products/proplan.html> indicates:

"Apple hardware products4
	?	An Apple computer
	?	An Apple mouse and keyboard when included with a covered computer (or
purchased with Mac mini)
	?	An Apple display when purchased and registered with a covered Mac mini,
Mac Pro, orMacBook Pro computer"

Since the iMac's display is part of that computer, it's covered, as are other
standalone displays.