[X4U] Mail Rules sorting

Mark Des Cotes lists at marksmandesign.ca
Wed Jan 14 15:43:19 PST 2009

Wow! 400 rules just for deleting SPAM? I don't have a single rule set
up for that purpose. When I started using Mail I would click on SPAM
and designate it as Junk so that Mail can learn. I would then delete
it. Now, my Junk mailbox fills up but my inbox is virtually SPAM
free. Whenever one does slip in I highlight it and designate it as
Junk. I check the Junk mailbox from time to time but very rarely find
a legitimate message wrongly directed there. I've been using Mail on
this computer for 4 years now and hardly ever see SPAM anymore.

BTW, for the 50 or so Rules I do have set up (mostly for redirecting
incoming mail to specific mailboxes) I've given them all a specific
name instead of the assigned number. This allows me to easily find
whichever Rule I need should I have to edit it.

Mark Des Cotes
Owner-Graphic Designer
Marksman Design

Mailing address: