[X4U] Safari bug, Site bug, or ?

Linda xpressobean at mac.com
Wed Jan 21 19:08:05 PST 2009

On 1/21/09 5:32 PM, Ed Gould wrote:

> The site below has this (I consider it nasty) way of advertising.

Many, many sites are moving to this method of advertising. We block popups,
so they put the ad up first, and either you wait or you click "Skip this
ad".

> When you go to the site a page covers the story and either you have
> to close the "page" or not read the story. On top of that if you use
> the safari feature to send the page it sends an essentially empty
> email. The only way you can send the story is to use their send email.

Nope, not exactly. The first time I tried Command I, it gave me the "Skip
this Ad" text and nothing else, so the page wasn't blank. I went back to the
page, closed the ad -- which had opened again -- and clicked in the page.
The second time, Command I gave me the story as it should. I sent it to you.

> Should this happen (SAFARI sending a blank page)?

Wasn't blank... at least not here. :)