[X4U] Pages Question

Ed Gould edgould1948 at comcast.net
Fri Jan 23 22:20:44 PST 2009

I have a problem with Pages and I am not sure how to solve it and I
thought maybe there are some experts here that could help me out.

I have a 1 Page Pages document which contains a lot of medical
information on it. The part that that I really need some help with is
medications. I have a 2 column table which contains (my list of
medications (currently around 16). This list doesn't change a lot but
lets say every two months . The entry in each box is a medication.
The problem has arisen that the doctors office keeps the meds in
alpha sequence and it takes for ever to go through the list. Is there
away to sort say on the first 5 characters (name of med) ?

I know I can do it manually but having to do this every two months is
not a chore I want to do. Can pages be made to sort the columns, so
the medications are in reasonably close alpa sequence?
It would seem straight forward that one should be able to do. I am
pretty sure WP can do it (I will have to admit I have not tried it
but somewhere back in the mists they had a facility to do so.

Ed