[X4U] Difference between vid cards

Linda xpressobean at mac.com
Sun Jan 25 10:02:26 PST 2009

On 1/25/09 11:37 AM, Crandon David wrote:

> In my G4 Dual 500 with 1 gig RAM, I have an nVIDIA GeForce4 MX video
> card with 64 MB vRam in an AGP slot. Running the latest 10.4 software
>
> Streaming video's from the net are often choppy. Very annoying.
>
> My cousin has a used white iBook, 1.2GHz, 1 gigRAM with a ATI
> Mobiltiy Radeon 9200 4x AGP with 32MB vRam.
>
> I know this card is a later edition than my card, but less video RAM...
>
> Will I have better luck with video's being non-choppy? If not, how
> easy and cheap is it to upgrade the card? If that is indeed the problem?

Might not be the card, might be a combo of the card and your internet
connection and your computer's speed. Video is often choppy on my 1GHz
PowerBook, with a 64MB nVidia GeForce4 440 Go card. Also running Mac OS X
10.4.

It depends on what video I'm trying to watch. Probably depends on what video
your cousin's trying to watch, too. ABC.com is choppier than hulu.com, for
example.