[X4U] Re: Importing Excel list of addresses into Address Book

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Mon Jan 26 18:01:39 PST 2009

>I thought I would try this out, i.e. importing  a text file to Address Book.
>
>I made a really simple file:
>
>To,Jim
>From,Sam
>
>And saved it as a text file using Text Edit and then Text Wrangler
>and then MS Word.
>
>All of them were rejected by Address Book as not being  a comma (or
>tab) delimited file.
>
>What gives?

No, this was not done from an email. He had his contacts listed in
Excel and Numbers. We had him export those as csv files from database
files.

Put your simple contacts into Excel or numbers, like

firstname		lastname		emailaddress
jim		jimslast name	jimsemail

and save as a text(csv) file and import THAT into AddressBook.

Be sure to include the headers.

Daly