[X4U] Add .jpg

Linda xpressobean at mac.com
Fri Jan 30 06:55:19 PST 2009

On 1/30/09 6:33 AM, Daly Jessup wrote:

> I'm in Tiger, not Leopard. Mine are .png. I thought they came that
> way, though perhaps some time in the past I changed that with
> TinkerTool or Onyx, or one of those utilities?

According to applesource (among others)
<http://www.applesource.com.au/how-to/soa/Learn-to-take-screenshots-in-Mac-O
S-X/0,2000451082,339287569,00.htm>:

Mac OS X 10.2 = JPG
Mac OS X 10.3 = PDF
Mac OS X 10.4 = PNG

If you're using Mac OS X 10.4 and want to change the default format, you can
do this in Terminal:

<http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20050627224051361>

This works in Mac OS X 10.4, not earlier, and was posted before the advent
of Mac OS X 10.5, so I don't have any way to know if it works in Leopard or
not. Before anyone tries it in Leopard, you'd probably want to investigate
further.

There are other screensnap utilities, such as SnapzPro, that let you choose
the format of your screenshots; Paul, is it possible you're using one of
those utilities?

~Linda