[X4U] bend in Al PB cause for worry?

zapcat zapcat at speakeasy.net
Fri Jan 30 14:04:18 PST 2009

I'm considering an aluminum PB, and the seller sent me a couple
photos showing the bend in the case s/he flagged in the ad for the
computer.

it's just above where you'd plug in a phone connector to get
online...the bow is smooth, comes out about 1/8" and the overall
length of the deformity seems about 1/2" or so.

while I don't care about the cosmetic aspect of this bump, I am
concerned about the loss of protection of inside components..moisture
in the air, dust, etc...and the occasional unwanted coffee spill are
all real-world hazards, and that bow could allow contaminants to
sneak in.

Cause for worry, or no big whoop?

zc