[X4U] Run FCP PPC on Intel Mac using Rosetta?

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Mon Jun 1 16:21:14 PDT 2009

>I'm behind the curve on several Intel Mac/software-related
>issues...it's my understanding that you can run your old (PPC)
>software on an intel-based mac, provided you have an emulation
>environment, which I believe is what Rosetta is..
>
>I read a post elsewhere that said that you could not run the PPC
>version of final cut pro/studio on an intel mac, emulation or no,
>and I wanted to get clarification on this.
>
>Lots of times when people say you "can't" do something with a
>computer, it turns out to be their own personal bias, and not an
>actual accounting of what can or can not be done.

No, Rosetta doesn't run on Intel Macs. If you have a G5 or G4,
though, you can run Rosetta. You can install OS 9 and run old
software.  But wait, you say "PPC software."  What software do you
have in  mind? For instance, lots of programs run on both PPC and on
Intel machines, such as Office 2004. Are you talking about OS 9-only
software?

Daly