[X4U] Superduper and iMac

Michael Elliott michaelelliott at me.com
Fri Jun 12 04:45:08 PDT 2009

Paul,

Is rhe print shop using Intel iMacs? Something else to consider is
"What partition map was used to format the external drive?"

When you reformat a drive using Disk Utility, there is an option to
format using Apple Partition Map (APM) vs. GUID (I think that is
right...I don't have access to it mac right now).

Intel Macs can see/use the APM-formatted drives, but cannot boot from
them, so they won't show up in the Startup Disk prefpane. The opposite
is true for PPC macs. They can see/use GUID, but can't boot from it.

Hope that helps them.

Michael

________

Sent from my iPhone...so replies might be short, and sometimes
"autocorrected" into gibberish.