[X4U] ITUNES radio station question

Bernard Munter bmunter at netspace.net.au
Fri Jun 12 22:46:28 PDT 2009

On 26/05/09 141730, "Ed Gould" <edgould1948 at comcast.net> wrote:

> A friend of mine informed me that my favorite radio station is in ITUNES.
> I would like to be able to start ITUNES up and have access quickly to the
> station (I am guessing a button or something in the main ITUNES screen to get
> me easily to the station. There are issues (medical) that stop me from going
> through the entire list of stations, so please do not just say go through the
> list each time. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Find your station in iTunes, (under "Radio", select genre and home in, etc,
as you would) then drag the one you want into the column on the left
("Source Column"), but not into an existing playlist, so it's there by
itself. Then when you click (select) it in the left column (once) a playlist
will open in the main window area with _one_ item, the one you want.  Double
click that and you're playing.

I've been trying to find a way to save a playlist on your Desktop to
double-click which will launch iTunes and start playing the station, but
it's a little complicated to explain and I'm not sure what it does
precisely. An item in the Dock would be cool.

Hope this doesn't hurt your head.