[X4U] Interesting (to me) bug in Safari 3.2.3

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Sun Jun 14 07:05:40 PDT 2009

On 17/05/2009, at 8:35 AM, Ed Gould wrote:

>>I upgraded to Safari 3.2.3 last night. Today I tried to use a
>>feature that I loved and that is MAIL PAGE .
>>
>>When I use that feature all I get is the raw URL of the page NOT
>>the HTML that was generated.
>>
>>I use this for "proof" that I made a payment so I have a number
>>that was given me and a snapshot that proves that it occured.
>>
>>Why would APPLE make a change like this?
>>
>>I want the old way back.

cjc answered:
>Print the page and save it to a PDF.

That's the way I do it, too. The "Mail contents of this page" feature
is certainly present in Mail 3.6. Its shortcut is Command-I. Or with
Command-Shift-I you get "Mail link to this page."

I wonder if Ed was mailing a link rather than contents? This feature
only works with Mail.app, by the way.

Daly