[X4U] Mail claims it is processing messages but nothing shows up in the inbox

Jim Colgate colgatelist at cox.net
Wed Jun 17 07:23:08 PDT 2009

I recently changed from Entourage to Mail (to avoid the large database
back-up issue) and have been working satisfactorily until a few days
ago. I have a me.com mail account and 3 cox.net accounts. Mail used to
successfully poll each of these and download to messages to my Mac at
the specified interval.

Now one of the cox.net accounts indicates that it is processing 1...15
of 15 new messages, but nothing shows up in that inbox. By right-
clicking on the account and selecting "Get Account Info" it shows a
list of messages still on the server and the latest 15 are shown with
an indication that they have not been downloaded. Also, the latest 5
are shown with From = Sender Unknown and Subject = No subject.
However, when I access my mailbox through Cox's webmail system, all of
the messages are there and they show valid From and Subject fields.

The other cox.net mailboxes appear to be functioning properly. Does
anybody have any suggestions to fix this?

I have closed and restarted Mail.
I have shutdown the computer and let it rest overnight and restarted.
I rebuilt that mailbox.
I created a new test user on my mac and set up a mail account to
problem cox.net mailbox ...
	It claimed to be downloading all 160 messages on the server, however
only 7 showed up in the inbox.

Any help would be appreciated,

    Jim