[X4U] How often do you charge an iPod Nano?

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Wed Jun 24 09:20:22 PDT 2009

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009, Mark Des Cotes wrote:

> An iPod Nano my daughter ordered through Apple arrived yesterday afternoon. I
> charged it up during the day so that it would be ready for her after school.
> She fooled around with it for about 4-5 hours and then asked me to recharge
> it because the battery was low. I charged it overnight. Today she used it for
> about 4 hours total and the battery died on her. It's currently recharging.
> Is this normal? We have a few iPod Shuffles in the family that only need
> recharging every other week. I realize the screen on the iPod Nano uses more
> power, and the backlight has been on because she's been playing the games
> that came with it,  but just how often should it be recharged, and how long
> should the charge last?

Mark,
By the time you see this reply, you'll have hopefully figured this out.  My
guess is that the games have a lot to do with it.  My wife has the iPod
touch, and has found that the WiFi drains the battery insanely fast, games
drain it fast, but just listening to audio results in a fairly good battery
life.

Sent on June 24th.  Yes, I'm looking to see how long it takes for this to
show up.

Zane