[X4U] Negligible speed bumps...

Joe Sporleder joe at wacondatrader.com
Sat Mar 7 13:33:01 PST 2009

On Mar 7, 2009, at 10:53 AM, Neil wrote:

> On the positive side, the support for dual displays including dual-
> link DVI, plus FW800 and the fifth USB2 port are nice and not
> entirely expected.  Overall, this would have been a nice upgrade if
> it came six to ten months ago.

For us small community newspaper publishers, the new Mac mini with the
ability to support 2 displays and a capacity for 4GB of RAM makes a
nice bargain machine for ad design and basic Photoshop color
correction. I know for my world, Apple would probably say the iMac is
ideal with a mixture of power and convenience. However, I like to
choose my own displays, this gives me more flexibility when updating
workstations from one computer to another, with the old becoming a
hand-me-down for another need. I have nothing against the iMac tho, in
fact, I recently grabbed an iMac bargain from Apple.com store's
refurbished section, upgraded it for 4GB of RAM and are quite happy
with it.

Joe