[X4U] Negligible speed bumps...

Wayne Clodfelter wayneclodfelter at mindspring.com
Sun Mar 8 07:37:17 PDT 2009

Zane H. Healy wrote:

> The best two things I can see about the new Mac Mini are the FW800 and
> the 4GB of RAM.

I presently have a 2002ed (2001 w/2002mobo) Quicksilver with a dual
1.8GHz processor and lots of HD storage inside and out. I don't like
iMacs and don't need the Mac Pro, so what I'd like to see is a Less-Mini
that offers more expansion.
What surprises and disappoints me about the latest Mini is the FW800
instead of eSATA. Seems kind of late in the game to provide FW800 when
eSATA is in and FireWire appears to be on the way out. eSATA has it all
over FW800 in terms of data transfer speed.

--
Regards,

Wayne Clodfelter
<wayneclodfelter at mindspring.com>