[X4U] Negligible speed bumps...

zapcat zapcat at speakeasy.net
Sun Mar 8 11:44:24 PDT 2009

On Mar 8, 2009, at 11:51 AM, Zane H. Healy wrote:

> At the same time, I'm starting to feel the need for much of what
> the Mac Pro has to offer, and want my next machine to handle
> Photoshop CS5 when it comes out eventually with ease (I plan to
> skip CS4).

judging by the trajectory which adobe software offerings are on, you
will NEED the biggest, baddest machine you can get your hands on to
see decent performance.

I'm using CS4 right now on the MBP of 2008 with 4GB RAM, and I kid
you not, I would be far happier and far more productive with pre-CS
offerings of Photoshop and Illustrator, and a copy of Quark Express.

I kid you not.

I have been using adobe products for about 20 years...never thought
I'd come to regard their products as 3rd-rate shareware.

but..here we are...

zc