[X4U] Not an OS X issue but ....

Ed Gould edgould1948 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 11 21:21:43 PDT 2009

A few years ago I signed up for PAYPAL and it reasonably worked for
about a year. Then apparently PAYPAL was hacked and I started getting
all sorts of false requests to give out PAYPAL information. I
resisted as I needed it from time to time. I also reported to PAYPAL
all these phony requests. Paypal finally did something and apparently
you had to re-register (or something its been a while but it wanted
something like reregistering I do not remember) they started sending
out monthly notes and I resisted reregistering then it went to weekly
emails saying my account was going to be deleted. I thought fine
since they wouldn't tell me how to delete my account let them delete
it. I stopped getting phishing email purporting to be from PAYPAL
when they deleted my account so it seemed people were still getting
past PAYPAL.

All was fine for about a year (no more phishing from people playing
PAYPAL). Then I was going to buy some software that only would use
PAYPAL. I said to myself NEVER AGAIN would I use PAYPAL but I
stumbled because this vendor would not accept any other form of
payment. I wrote to the responsible person and have not heard back so
either he is not reading his email or he tossed my email.

I am asking what other options are there out there? I do not mind
using a credit card (as long as it is secure) but there are places
that will not use anything else. What are you doing to avoid PAYPAL
and what can someone do if they only support PAYPAL?

Ed