[X4U] Not an OS X issue but ....

Wayne Clodfelter wayneclodfelter at mindspring.com
Thu Mar 12 12:00:25 PDT 2009

Ed Gould wrote:
> A few years ago I signed up for PAYPAL and it reasonably worked for
> about a year. Then apparently PAYPAL was hacked and I started getting
> all sorts of false requests to give out PAYPAL information.

PayPal wasn't hacked. The Spammers just started sending out phishing
emails to everybody, figuring a good number of them had Paypal accounts
and would fall for the fraudulent messages.
I got the same messages, and still do. I just forward them to Paypal to
deal with them. No big deal.

What are you doing to avoid PAYPAL and what can
> someone do if they only support PAYPAL?

I don't avoid Paypal. I see no need to avoid it. Why do you have a
problem with Paypal?

--
Regards,

Wayne Clodfelter