[X4U] Not an OS X issue but ....

Craig A. Finseth fin at finseth.com
Fri Mar 13 05:07:23 PDT 2009

   PAYPAL must have been hacked or I would not have been getting all
   these phishing attacks telling me to update my paypal account. Even

This is an incorrect assumption.

Someone (well, many people) can (and many do) send phishing messages
pretending to come from PAYPAL without involving PAYPAL at all.
That's pretty much the definition of phishing after all.

Of course, the messages don't actually come from PAYPAL.  However,
given the information available, it can be quite difficult to
determine whether a message is legitimate, even for people skilled in
the area.

Craig