[X4U] Re: X4U Digest, Vol 55, Issue 7

Ralph ralph at avatarbiz.com
Fri Mar 13 11:10:56 PDT 2009

You're not listening, and you don't understand phishing.

The email addresses DON'T come from the bank that's being attacked.
They come from lists that are circulated in the criminal community.
The phisher doesn't know that you have a PayPal account; he's just
betting that a certain percentage of the people on the list he's
using do have accounts.

Think about it for a minute before you go off half-cocked again: I
told you that I got phishing emails purporting to be from Wells Fargo
and Bank of America, YET I DON'T HAVE AN ACCOUNT AT EITHER OF THOSE
BANKS. THEREFORE THEY WEREN'T HACKED TO GET MY EMAIL.

You're needlessly spreading false information and FUD about PayPal.

Ralph

Full disclosure: I do not have any connection with PayPal or eBay.