[X4U] Self Contained GPS Mapping?

Michael Weiner hunter at userfriendly.net
Fri Mar 13 12:05:43 PDT 2009

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 2:57 PM, Al Grappone <alsan at speakeasy.net> wrote:

> On Mar 13, 2009, at 6:13, Ken Johnson wrote:
>
>   Both require Windows for updates to the maps, the POI database (extensive
>> in Magellan's case) and the firmware.
>>

> Not true. I upgrade my Garmin with my iMac.

I would have to concur with Al and  Joe here, Garmin has put forth a
concerted effort in order to start supporting the Mac platform, and i have
updated my Garmin GPSMap 60CSx firmware and maps off of my MacBook and iMac
a few times and it works flawlessly. I cant say the same for the Magellan
unfortunately, i used to be a Magellan user but have switched to Garmin for
the support and for the Mac platform work they have been doing.

HTH
Michael