[X4U] Self Contained GPS Mapping?

Ken Johnson kenjohnso at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 14:02:35 PDT 2009

I'm hearing other say that the newer Garmins are Mac-friendly.  The
old ones (one of which I had) were definitely not.  My Magellan is a
pretty new model (current), and it is not a Mac-friendly device.

But I reiterate my initial recommendation - get the one that has the
features you want/need.  If you ask, you'll be deluged with opinions
about why we each chose the one we did - doesn't matter - only matters
what you want.  For GPS units - it's all about features.