[X4U] Not an OS X issue but ....

John Kiss john.kiss at comcast.net
Sat Mar 14 06:32:40 PDT 2009

On Mar 13, 2009, at 10:39 PM, Michael Elliott wrote:

> Of course, that doesn't preclude you getting a spam email on your
> "paypal only" email address. (though I doubt that a spanner would
> find your email unless it was a common word/name@ whatever email
> provider you use)

How true. In the early 90's I created an account using my dog's name
followed by the numeral 1. I never ever used that account and after
about 10 years I left that ISP. Prior to leaving, I checked all
mailboxes using my web browser and lo and behold, there were over 500
unread emails (all spam) sitting in that account. The way email
addresses are sometimes handed out it becomes very easy to guess a
whole range of addresses if you only happen to know one of them.