[X4U] Finder not responding

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Sat Mar 14 18:11:05 PDT 2009

On Mar 14, 2009, at 4:24 PM, Linda wrote:

> The longest a Safe Boot has taken me was about 22 minutes. Because
> it runs a
> disk repair, it can take a long time to finish booting. If I were
> having the
> problems you are, I'd try it again and keep my finger on that shift
> key for
> up to half an hour. But that's just me; you may choose differently.

I would definitely try doing a Safe Boot again, but there is no
reason to continue to hold down the Shift key once the spinning
pinwheel appears.
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1455?viewlocale=en_US
Be patient and let your Mac take as long as it needs to startup in
Safe Boot mode.  Then restart your Mac normally.
You may want to go through the Safe Boot process a couple more times,
just to make sure everything is fixed.

I would also run all of the routine maintenance that seems
appropriate here, and see if it helps:

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.htm

Randy B. Singer