[X4U] Can you delete a file(move to the trash) in spotlight?

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Sun Mar 15 14:49:36 PDT 2009

>On Mar 15, 2009, at 11:29 AM, Norman Cohen wrote:
>
>>Try command-delete (clover leaf key and the "delete" key on the
>>keyboard. This will move the files to the trash.
>>
>>Norm
>
>I do what Norm does, just one caveat I wanted to mention. At first I
>didn't think it did anything because the file(s) would still be
>listed in the search results -they didn't disappear. However if you
>look at where they are located it will show them residing in the
>Trash.

Mike, thanks. But mine doesn't disappear, either in NotLight nor in
the Finder. I have written to the author about it and will see if he
bothers to reply.  I also don't get the sound that Ed reports. And
also, the "Delete" option in the Edit menu is grayed out in my copy
of the program. So I think something's "off" here for me.

Daly