[X4U] Can you delete a file(move to the trash) in spotlight?

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Sun Mar 15 16:05:10 PDT 2009

>No, I do nothing special. I have a MacBook Pro and use the "delete"
>key right above the "|\" key on my keyboard.
>
>I'm not using anything in the menu, I'm just using the keyboard
>equivalent. The menu equivalent is File/Move to Trash.

The thing is, in my copy of NotLight, there is a grayed-out "Delete"
item under the Edit menu. Using Command-Delete on an item in the
"Found" list does nothing. I wrote to the author to ask if there was
a way to delete items once found, without tracking them down in the
Finder and deleting them from there (Command-Delete does, of course,
work fine in the Finder, but not in NotLight itself).

He wrote back, in part:

>No; that sounds like it would be a pretty dangerous feature! You
>could accidentally delete some important file!

So I am mystified as to why Norman is able to delete from within
NotLight, given that the author says he thinks that would be a
dangerous feature, and he did not include it in the software! What's
going on here?

Daly