[X4U] Can you delete a file(move to the trash) in spotlight?

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Sun Mar 15 19:56:14 PDT 2009

Ed wrote:

>I am also mystified. I am running 1.4 of notlight and there is no
>delete anywhere (that I could find).

Not grayed out under the Edit menu?

>The only thing I can think of is that they are running the latest
>version of OS X.

Who's "they"? I'm running 10.5.6.

>I went to APPLE.COM and did a search through there database but I
>really didn't find to much either on spotlight.

Are you talking about SpotLight or about NotLight? In SpotLight, if I
do a search and items are found, I choose "Show All" from the top of
the list to open them in a Finder window. From there, Command-Delete
will delete any of them.

Was it you who said you were running version 1.4 of NotLight or was
that someone else?

>The spotlight systems preferences didn't say squat (that I could
>find). I am totally mystified by the discrepancy.

  If you want to delete from Spotlight try the Show All routine.

Daly