[X4U] Can you delete a file(move to the trash) in spotlight?

Ed Gould edgould1948 at comcast.net
Sun Mar 15 20:39:41 PDT 2009

On Mar 15, 2009, at 9:56 PM, Daly Jessup wrote:

> Ed wrote:
>
>> I am also mystified. I am running 1.4 of notlight and there is no
>> delete anywhere (that I could find).
>
> Not grayed out under the Edit menu?

Ahhh yes there it and it *IS* grayed out.

>> The only thing I can think of is that they are running the latest
>> version of OS X.
>
> Who's "they"? I'm running 10.5.6.

Who ever claimed they could delete the item found in spotlight.

>> I went to APPLE.COM and did a search through there database but I
>> really didn't find to much either on spotlight.
>
> Are you talking about SpotLight or about NotLight? In SpotLight, if
> I do a search and items are found, I choose "Show All" from the top
> of the list to open them in a Finder window. From there, Command-
> Delete will delete any of them.

I was talking about SPOTLIGHT and IIRC there were 3 or 4 items I
could find at the apple.com web site.

> Was it you who said you were running version 1.4 of NotLight or was
> that someone else?

I asked the question and included the 1.4 in my reply saying I
couldn't see the delete option (which I can see now thanks for
pointing out but as you indicated it was greyed out)

>> The spotlight systems preferences didn't say squat (that I could
>> find). I am totally mystified by the discrepancy.
>
>  If you want to delete from Spotlight try the Show All routine.
>
> Daly
> Daly:

I give. We are talking over each other. I will drop the subject.

Ed