[X4U] Can you delete a file(move to the trash) in spotlight?

Ed Gould edgould1948 at comcast.net
Sun Mar 15 20:45:59 PDT 2009

On Mar 15, 2009, at 10:16 PM, Linda wrote:

> Ed wrote:
>
>> I am also mystified. I am running 1.4 of notlight and there is no
>> delete anywhere (that I could find).
>
> Then Ed wrote:
>
>> I was talking about SPOTLIGHT the notlight (which I think Jessup
>> added into the mix)was sort of OBTW .
>
> Ed... Are you talking about Spotlight? Or are you talking about
> Notlight?
> You mention both, and your messages are very confusing.
>
> What does OBTW mean?
>
> ~Linda
>
> Linda:

OBTW means Oh By The Way

I was not talking at all about NOTLIGHT until someone else brought it
up. I *THOUGHT* it was Jessup, but who cares at this point.

I started this question about SPOTLIGHT (being able to delete (or at
least move the file to the trash)) I think after many iterations from
multiple people the answer is you cannot.
I honestly can see the need to be able to do this, yes it is
dangerous but IMO it is needed (if someone want to put in the prompt
like "do you really want to trash this?"   that would probably be
acceptable (with some other cavets).

Ed