[X4U] Permissions question

John Drake jdljm at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 17 20:14:45 PDT 2009

Ed, that is the normal procedure for Permission Repairs. If for any reason you get a repair failed then you'd need to a disk verify, and possibly a disk repair but I cannot remember ever having a permission repair fail.
I have had times were the list of items needing repairs seemed to go on forever, not the time it takes to determine the correct permissions, but the actual time it took to correct the faulty ones. But those were mostly in Panther and early Tiger iterations, since Leopard those have not shown up. So far :-) it's been mostly one or two items that needed to be corrected.