[X4U] Need to split or shrink an .mp3 file

Mark Des Cotes lists at marksmandesign.ca
Mon Mar 30 12:28:48 PDT 2009

Success!

Actually I fee a little stupid. I had seen the "Convert to MP3
version" earlier in my trials and had given it a try. After waiting
for the 15 minutes for it to convert (several times) I checked the
file and it was still a MP4 and the iPod wouldn't take it. I was
getting frustrated because it seemed like it should be simple. I
looked at the links Linda sent (Thanks Linda) and saw that, other
than a different bit rate, I was doing exactly what it was saying I
should do. On the web site is stated that a duplicate file would be
created with the same name but that the new one would be a MP3 file.
I wasn't seeing the duplicate file after iTunes said it was finished
converting. Then something poked through my stupidity. I had copied
the original MP4 files to a playlist and was working with them there.
The Convert to MP3 Version was in fact working but the new files were
not in the playlist I was viewing. When I smartened up and searched
my full music library I found a bunch of MP3 files I had created. The
new ones are small enough that I can put them on my iPod.

Thanks for your help, Now I'm off to walk the dog and listen to a
good book at the same time.

Mark Des Cotes
Owner-Graphic Designer
Marksman Design