[X4U] mac mini hooked to a TV

69Abel 69abel at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 15:45:43 PDT 2009

I have a set-up similar to John's, a 1.66GHz CD Mini (with 2GB RAM and
a 320GB 7200 RPM HD) connected to a 50" Plasma (720P) with a DVI to
HDMI cable. I have connected it to my home surround sound system using
a fibre optic cable and a mini-jack to TOSLink adapter for full DTS
audio. I also use a Gigabit ethernet connection to my NAS and for
internet connectivity.

I'm currently running Plex http://www.plexapp.com/ and it is a great
interface for watching movies, viewing iPhoto library, playing music,
etc. Plex is easy enough to use that my wife and 12 year old son have
taken to it without fuss or complaint! I plan on adding a USB TV tuner
in the near future.

Any questions?

Dave