[X4U] Monitor problem or Video card problem?

Ed Gould edgould1948 at comcast.net
Thu May 7 21:44:02 PDT 2009

I have a G5 Dual 2.67 ghtz with 6 GIG of memory and a Cinama HD
display (30 inches). Also a Radeon 9650 with 256MB
I am running 10.4.11
I have noticed after reboot(sometines) that the deck top is empty no
drives no NOTHING, this does not happen all the time.
To fix the issue my friend changes the display from 1280 X 800 to
1034  x 768 and wait for 15 seconds and all of a sudden the desk top
re-appears.

This started say in the last month. Can anyone explain this happening
and could the Radeon card be going bad?

Ed