[X4U] OSX and sharewhere programs

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Sun May 10 19:01:45 PDT 2009

On May 7, 2009, at 9:23 PM, Ed Gould wrote:

> This to me is a bit of a folly as I though sharewhere was licensed
> to a cpu. While I cannot follow there legal rules I think common
> sense is that if it prompts each user  for a serial number it seems
> (to me anyway) that you do not want to give the user this type of
> information.

Your message leaves a bit to confusion, Ed.

No, it is not folly to license a program to an individual. It is a
common practice in the shareware world.

The next sentence leaves me wondering exactly what your intended
meaning is. Do you mean "their" legal rules or the legal rules
"there"? The words have different meanings and cause some confusion
when used out of proper definition.

Then you say that it seems to you that "you do not want to give the
user this type of information". Are you referring to the program
distributor here or to the purchaser/user of the program? And, what
type of information are you meaning?

Clarity of statement leaves less confusion to those of us who read
your postings.