[X4U] Run FCP PPC on Intel Mac using Rosetta?

zapcat zapcat at speakeasy.net
Tue May 19 11:21:05 PDT 2009

I'm behind the curve on several Intel Mac/software-related
issues...it's my understanding that you can run your old (PPC) software
on an intel-based mac, provided you have an emulation environment,
which I believe is what Rosetta is..

I read a post elsewhere that said that you could not run the PPC
version of final cut pro/studio on an intel mac, emulation or no, and I
wanted to get clarification on this.

Lots of times when people say you "can't" do something with a computer,
it turns out to be their own personal bias, and not an actual
accounting of what can or can not be done.

thanks!