[X4U] iPhone alternatives that Sync well with Mac?

Joe Sporleder joe at wacondatrader.com
Tue Nov 3 14:32:21 PST 2009

What smart phones that work with Verizon have any of you had good luck
with? I'd love an iPhone, however, Verizon is my only option for a
carrier that haves reliable service both where I live in Kansas and to
areas that I travel to (I am on part of the Alltel network that just
got bought out and rebranded by Verizon).

I have an iPod Touch that I enjoy, so I have a good idea of what the
iPhone experience would be like. At minimum, I would like to be able
to sync iCal and Address Book with my mobile phone. I currently have a
RAZR2 that my contract allows me to upgrade to a new phone in
December. I am wanting a true "smart phone" and would like to do more
eMail and text messaging in a mobile format. The RAZR2 is one of the
most disappointing phones I've ever owned. Any phone I get, I would
really like to be able to tether my MacBook Pro with. I was able to do
it with the RAZR2 over bluetooth, no thanks to Motorola. I had to
Google a home grown solution from others on the Internet.

I'm leaning towards one of the BlackBerries, as I see that at least
there's tools available to sync with my Mac life.

Joe