[X4U] Attempting to play a WMV file

Ed Gould edgould1948 at comcast.net
Wed Nov 11 07:39:34 PST 2009

On Nov 11, 2009, at 7:26 AM, Robb McDonald wrote:

> Are you using Flip4Mac?
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/wmcomponents.mspx
>
> And per the Apple discussion board:
> http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2168684&tstart=1
>
> Robb

Robb:

I read both items and I know it is early in the AM but it is not
clear to me. I am using flip4mac and the article leaves me wonder
what the real issue is.
If flip4mac doesn't support what ever is causing the issue or that
you need to buy the next version why doesn't it just say so in the
message?
The 19413 is so obscure they could toss out just any numbers and
without any text the user is still left wondering what it means.
What ever happened to clear concise error messages?
Apple is just as guilty in other area so either this is a flip4mac
issue or a MS issue so why not a plain english message saying you
need to buy the pro or super pro  version ?
I see no down side to this and if anything it would make a customer
mad and dislike their product .
This type of "programming" is is in the dark ages of computers. There
is no reason to be so obscure in todays world.

Ed