[X4U] Splitting Quicktime Movie for Youtube?

Joe Sporleder joe at wacondatrader.com
Wed Nov 11 14:56:20 PST 2009

I used one of those little Flip video cameras to record about 57 minutes of our local Veteran's Day Parade. I had several clips (to cut out some dead time while I was recording because of the device's 60 minute limit). I imported those clips into iMovie HD, and I was also able to export out a Quicktime movie too. I want to be able to upload the video to a Youtube account, but Youtube has a 10 minute limit per video. What is the quickest, most efficient way of breaking down the movie into 6 parts to fit within Youtube's requirements?

I'm using Snow Leopard on a MacBook Pro.

Joe