[X4U] Bulk Renaming iTunes audio book files

Mark Des Cotes lists at marksmandesign.ca
Wed Nov 25 07:44:12 PST 2009

On 23-Nov-09, at 10:28 AM, Kirk McElhearn wrote:

> On Nov 23, 2009, at 4:20 PM, Mark Des Cotes wrote:
>
>> Great article Kirk. It answered a lot of my questions. I didn't
>> realize you could change the info before importing the CDs. I also
>> never thought of changing my import settings which makes a lot of
>> sense. I really like your smart playlist idea, unfortunately they
>> don't work on an iPod Shuffle. I love listening to audio books
>> when I walk my dogs. It motivates me to get out on those less than
>> ideal days as I really want to know what happens next in my book.
>> I've found myself doing an extra loop around the block if the
>> story was at a really good spot. The dogs don't mind it either.
>
> You can still sync that playlist, because when you listen, it'll
> start from the current file (the others won't get copied, if you
> update the shuffle each time you are going to listen).
>

> Kirk

I don't know how a regular iPod works but with the Shuffle I don't
have to worry about the "Remember Position" thing. I've figured out
that if I pause the Shuffle and turn it off before the little LED
stops blinking, it will continue from where I left off when I shut it
off. Should I turn it off without pausing, or turn it off after the
LED stops blinking, the next time I turn it on it starts back at the
first track. This only works if I don't plug it into the computer.
After plugging it in to the computer it always starts back at the
beginning . I had some audiobooks that were one large file and it was
a pain when my battery died. I'd plug it into the computer to
recharge then have to fast forward through hours worth to get back to
my position. This is why I bought a wall charger as it doesn't loose
it's position this way.

Mark