[X4U] I want my backup drive to go both ways

Conlon Brett brettnlis at bigpond.com
Tue Oct 13 06:33:41 PDT 2009

Hita,

I have a 500GB FW drive that I'd like to use for backups (both Mac &
WinXP).

I have a few questions tho...

Can one Mac partition be used by Time Machine on multiple Macs or is
it supposed to be for one Mac only?

I'd like a 50GB or so partition for my WinXP Bootcamp partition (which
is 32GB). The Win partition is currently FAT32 so I can read/write
from both Mac & PC side. Is it possible to create a FAT32 partition
for this purpose larger than 32GB in size? I ask because I've had a
45GB drive that I couldn't use on the Win side until I reduced it
under 32GB.

What do other mixed Mac/Windows users do?

Ta muchly,

Brett