[X4U] Mac-Mini Doesn't Want to "sleep."

Jens Selvig lstnmt at bresnan.net
Sat Oct 24 06:50:57 PDT 2009

My first thought would be to unplug all external USB and FireWire
devices and check to see if the problem persists. I've heard that
sometimes these devices keep the system up.

The problem could also relate to some background software activity.
You might create a new user account and see it the problem persists.

Jens

On Oct 23, 2009, at 1:17 PM, Jack Corcoran wrote:

> My Mac-Mini (non-intel) using Entourage 2004 and Tiger is resisting
> being
> put into the Sleep mode. It will, eventually, if left alone, go to
> sleep by
> itself but when I manually hit "sleep" using the Apple menu, it goes
> sleep but then pops open again within seconds.  Any/all thoughts on
> this
> appreciated.
>
> Jack C

Jens Selvig